Monday 28 September 2009

The most tasty treat ever!

We had a charity coffee morning at work last week and I decided to try out some baking. My wife cooked some meringues and I decided to cook some chocolate brownie cookies earlier that day I had read an awesome blog called 'Buns in my oven' and had read the most tempting recipe called 'No bake chocolate peanut butter oatmeal bars'. But I had already set my mind to baking the cookies thankfully I ended up having some extra time that night else I would have missed out on these unbelievable bars of awesomeness!

Seriously if you only ever try one thing on this blog make some of these bars right now! You will not be sorry! I added a layer of Pecans to the recipe but it is essentially the same.

Unfortunately I didn't take any photos but there are ample over on Buns in my oven. The Oatmeal Bars went down exceedingly well at the Coffee morning I even ended up having to send an email round at work with the recipe.

No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Oatmeal Bars

Ingredients:

3/4 cup butter
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 cups quick cooking oats
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup peanut butter (smooth or chunky)

1/2 cup of Pecan nuts
  1. Melt butter in a large sauce pan over low heat. Stir in brown sugar, vanilla, and oats. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes. Press half of mixture in to the bottom of a buttered 8 x 8 dish.
  2. Place the Pecan nuts across the layer of Oatmeal.
  3. In a microwave safe bowl, microwave the chocolate and peanut butter, stirring every 30 seconds until melted and blended. Pour the chocolate peanut butter mixture over the oatmeal and Pecans, reserving a couple of spoonfuls to drizzle over the top.
  4. Sprinkle the remaining oat mixture over the chocolate and peanut butter, pressing gently to form a crust. Drizzle the remaining chocolate and peanut butter over the top of the bars.
  5. Refrigerate for 3 hours before cutting and serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment