Monday 21 September 2009

Fish Hook Saturday Lunch

Fish Hook on Urbanspoon
This Saturday I had lunch in Chiswick at a superb restaurant called Fish Hook. I couldn't help but wonder why there were not more people filling the tables.

Most restaurants offer a cheaper lunch/early dinner menu however this is often not available for lunch on a Saturday. Fish Hook however do and at £15 for 3 courses it offers exceptional value.

I decided to order the 2 course set menu and then I chose A la Carte for my desert.

The presentation of the dishes and quality of ingredients that are served are superb. I started with perfectly cooked Squid with a light sweet chili sauce however one of my fellow dinners defiantly had me beat by choosing the Pea Veloute with Tempura Whitebait.

For my main course I committed what I would usually consider to be a cardinal sin. I ordered Meat in a fish restaurant! However I was not disappointed the Slow Roasted Pork Belly was cooked exactly as I had hoped it would be, with beautifully crisp crackling and tender melt in the mouth meat. This was served with a beautifully smooth mashed potato and wonderfully fresh green beans topped off with a perfect red wine jus.

For my desert I chose a Strawberry Millefeuille with Pannacotta and Strawberry Sorbet which was very well executed.

My one minor complaint from the whole meal was the service. Which at times left us feeling rushed and wondering why it was necessary to collect up our water glasses and not just offer us refills. However this really was just a minor blot on what was an otherwise wonderful meal.

I would definatly recommend this restaurant to anyone looking for high quality food at an amazing price.

No comments:

Post a Comment